Licensed Building Practitioner Skills Maintenance
To take advantage of this free service please register your interest here.
With the introduction of occupational licensing in the building trades we are entering a new era of on-going learning. No longer will it be acceptable for a carpenter, builder or designer to simply complete their formal training and then stop learning.
Building code changes, product developments, increased customer expectations, and changing construction practices are a fact of life. These changes are taking place at a greater rate than ever before and unless some time is invested by LBP's, they will soon find themselves out of touch.
Winstone Wallboards have recognised this situation and can provide information at a range of levels to help keep LBP's up with the play.
Some commonly asked questions regarding our sessions are;
Where do they take place?
- We come to you. Because of the wide range of topics and levels covered by the presentations we have found it more effective to do it this way rather than larger, seminar type sessions.
How long do they take?
- Because we realise that time is critical to businesses these days we have designed presentations that take no longer than 2 hours.
What is the calibre of the presenters...or...... do the presenters know their stuff?
- Our presenters are all trade qualified and we have at least three Licensed Building Practitioners on the team. We have been delivering similar presentations to builders, designers, architects and building officials for the past 10 years and they are held in high regard with several companies requesting sessions on an annual basis. We must be doing something right.
What topics are covered?
- General product information
- Best practice fixing and stopping practice
- Avoiding common problems
- Dealing with critical lighting
- Installation of GIB® Bracing systems
- Fire rated systems
- Noise control systems
- Wet area applications
- GIB® EzyBraceTM tutorial
- We will discuss your requirements prior to the session to ensure that the presentation is relevant to your situation
How much does it cost?
- Nothing. We recognise the importance of skills maintenance to the industry and provide it as a free service.